INSTANT POT TURKEY CHILI
i’m still not over the instant pot craze of 2017. we use the instant pot all the time — to make rice (i actually suck at making rice on the stovetop???) for burrito bowls, to make carnitas without a slow cooker, and to make chili IN UNDER AN HOUR. i can just see my chili-pro dad shaking his head at that last one. but the instant pot is magic and makes everything taste like you’ve been simmering it low and slow for 20 hours. i swear!
this chili isn’t vegan or even vegetarian — in fact, we use ground turkey. but simply omit that and top with vegan shredded cheese (or whatever you please) and you’ve got yourself a vegan chili, still packed with protein from all. those. beans!!!
1 lb ground turkey
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juice
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 large red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cups stock of your choice (we used chicken)
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tbsp cumin
2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1. turn your instant pot to sauté and add the onion and peppers. cook until tender.
2. add in the meat and cook until browned.
3. add in all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
4. turn the instant pot to “chili” and cook for 18 minutes. allow pressure to naturally escape for 10-13 minutes or manually release with the valve on top. DO NOT OPEN WITHOUT RELEASING PRESSURE.
5. top with shredded cheese, sour cream or plain greek yogurt, and FRITOS! enjoy!