TURKEY MEATBALLS + ZUCCHINI NOODLES
*dusts cobwebs off blog*
yes, hello, it's me! we're back. promise i've tried out a few new recipes throughout the last few months. somehow they just...didn't get photographed. or written about. but they DID taste darn good. so just trust me and also maybe forgive me.
i was inspired to write this because i tried TWO new things — one, making homemade meatballs. two, using an attachment on my kitchenaid! my future mother-in-law got me the spiralizer attachment for the kitchenaid and i decided to give it a spin.
i used this tutorial to learn how to install the attachment and get spiralizin'. feel free to serve this homemade pasta sauce and meatballs over pasta or veggie noodles of any sort!
i formed my meatballs first and then got the sauce simmering on the stove while the meatballs baked. then and only then, i started spiralizing — you'll have plenty of time on your hands to do it at this point.
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
3-5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp ground oregano
pinch sea salt + fresh cracked pepper
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh)
1 tsp dried oregano
pinch sea salt
3 medium zucchini
1. preheat oven to 350º. coat a sheet pan with cooking spray or lightly with olive oil.
2. in a large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. divide this mixture into 8 meatballs. place on prepared sheetpan and bake until meatballs are cooked through — 15–20 min.
1. heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. add onion and cook until softened/translucent, about 5 min.
2. stir in garlic, oregano, basil, chili flakes, and sea salt.
3. add crushed and diced tomatoes, bring to a boil, then simmer 10 min.
1. cut off both ends of the zucchini, then cut in half. follow kitchenaid instructions.
2. stir noodles into sauce to warm them for about 3 min. serve with meatballs (and some cheese, duh) on top!